Two days in a row of offense
I’m not sure how much offense my heart can take. After weeks of complaining that they don’t build onto their leads, the Phillies do it two nights in a row. They were needed last night as the bullpen decided to make some things interesting toward the end, but nonetheless, getting all the offense they had is a big thing. If they want to get back into this thing, they have to keep hitting like they have been the past two nights.
On to the links.
- A minor move as the team signed Tyler Heineman to a minor league deal to add some depth.
- Odubel Herrera didn’t play last night and won’t for a few days as he nurses some minor injuries as well as getting time off for a slump he has been in.
- Zack Wheeler is a “thumber”. I don’t know what that means either.
- These last two days may be helping the team swing back towards being a buyer at the deadline. Good thing because now is the time to decide what they will be.
- The Home Run Derby is starting to come into focus, with Pete Alonso and his bats going.
- Here’s another mock draft with the Phillies being chosen to take a Tommy John surgery recipient.
- The Brewers continue to build some depth by trading for Rowdy Tellez, formerly of the Blue Jays.