Well that sucked
Starting off that series with Atlanta with a bang, huh?
It still makes sense for the team to be buyers. They aren’t going to sell their best trade pieces and the ones that would get traded wouldn’t make that much of a difference anyway. Going after a weak division would make more sense than squeezing out some teams’ 17th best prospect and hoping he becomes a reliever some day.
If they were to get a few bullpen pieces and/or a starter, they might be able to get close enough to the Mets to make some real noise in the division. It beats watching losing baseball in August and September once again.
On to the links.
- The injury to Zach Eflin underscores the need for starting pitching this year and next.
- You have to admit: Spencer Howard looked a lot, lot better the other night in New York.
- The team activated Odubel Herrera last night and dodged a huge bullet when Bryce Harper remained in the lineup after an ankle injury.
- The first big trade of the season went down with the Twins sending Nelson Cruz to the Rays.
- It appears Cleveland has a new name; they just won’t tell us yet.
- Trevor Story might go, he might not, but he also may have to learn a new position. Gee, I wonder who asked about that!
Leave a Reply