A big series starts tonight
They wasted an opportunity last night, but tonight, the Phillies need to win. They have to start taking these games at home if they want to run down the Mets. It’s critical that they take this series, winning at least three of four, since they not only have to get to the Mets, they also have to stave off the Braves and Nationals. Those teams might not be playing good baseball, but thanks to the average nature of the NL East, they haven’t gone away either. So – they need to win.
On to the links.
- If they’re going to buy at the deadline, the Phillies need to buy big. They can’t just limp over the luxury tax.
- Their biggest star wants them to add to this team at the deadline. That has to count for something, right?
- In the past, Dave Dombrowski has worked some magic at the trade deadline. They’ll need him to do it again.
- It really does look like Dombrowski will be able to go over the luxury tax this season ($).
- As crazy as some might find Ralph, here is Jim Bowden’s big board for this trade season ($).
- Making the decision to trade or not is a difficult one, especially for these five teams.
- A team that should definitely be selling is the Rockies and they have a big piece to trade in Trevor Story.
- One of the bigger stories of the early part of the season in Yermin Mercedes has abruptly retired from the game.
- The Reds could lose a huge part of their offense if Nick Castellanos has to miss a significant amount of time.
Leave a Reply