They’re making a run
It’s what we’ve all been waiting for, the run that the Phillies needed to make in order to stay relevant. They’ve taken 10 out of 14 games and are firmly within reach of a division that it seems no one wants to win. The Mets tried their best yesterday, but managed to get an impressive come from behind victory over the Pirates, meaning they’re still two games up on the Phillies. Even with that, it’s pretty easy to call the Phillies buyers, but things can change at the drop of a hat. These next two weeks will be huge.
On to the links.
- Scott Kingery is done for the year in the minor leagues with a shoulder injury. He should be ready for spring training.
- All of the team’s draft picks are signed, sealed and being delivered to various spots in the organization.
- Aaron Nola isn’t going to be vaccinated, but he will pitch soon.
- Even though we didn’t get to see Zack Wheeler in all his All-Star glory, the Phillies are pretty happy with how his outing went.
- Not so fast on the ghost runner in extras being lost. It might end being modified a little bit.
- It’s possible that the Oakland A’s stadium situation could be coming to a head. A vote Tuesday could seal their fate once and for all.
- Saturday was a bad night for baseball. Luckily, the clown who threw a ball in New York has been banned for life and we have video of heroic acts happening in Washington.
- Here is one ranking of prospect systems post-draft. Take it for what it’s worth.
Leave a Reply