Only one more day of no Phillies
Still hard to believe that Zack Wheeler only got one out during the All-Star Game. As a fan, we know that it’s for the best since he only three three pitches plus his bullpen warmups, thus saving him from any stress that might hinder him in the second half. Still, no matter what anyone writes, it’s hard not to feel that Wheeler was disrespected, forgotten, by Dave Roberts. In the end, it doesn’t mean much, but still, when the Phillies and their fanbase are being attacked on a near constant basis, this was really all they had to watch during the game. The All-Star Game has lost its luster, but Wheeler himself said how much he was looking forward to it. Oh well.
On to the links.
- For being able to stay in the race for the NL East, the Phillies should be thanking their bench players.
- Some news and notes from Matt Gelb as the unofficial second half begins ($).
- How about some more report cards about how the first half went? Sure you want them.
- Speaking of report cards, here are report cards on every team in baseball.
- MLB has big plans for Shohei Ohtani, plans that they have been waiting to make for a long time.
- Trevor Bauer’s leave has been extended for two more weeks starting Friday.