It’s a new month, so let’s have some optimism
I’ve always been fascinated by people that stick around after rain delays. Now, last night, the rain delay wasn’t long so it’s not like people had to wait very long. However, the game did not lend itself to the belief that things would be getting better for the Phillies. Once they put up two more runs in the sixth inning, the Marlins were well on their way to victory, a sprinkle of runs from the Phillies dabbled in late.
So why stick around? What preference is there to staying at the game versus getting home in the air conditioning and getting a few extra minutes of sleep, or maybe chatting with a significant other or children? Are there that many diehards that never leave the stadium until the game is over? Sounds like a poll.
On to the links.
- Brandon Kintzler is a big fan of the sticky substance rule enforcement.
- As we get closer to the midway point of the season, here is what we know and don’t know about the roster.
- Bryson Stott is the only Phillies representative going to the Futures Game.
- Here is the why as to the reason the Phillies did the right thing and demoted Spencer Howard, plus what it means for next season.
- The Mets lost a weapon in their bullpen, even if that weapon wasn’t exactly utilized this year.
- The Mets’ former GM has been banned from the game for a year, but let’s face it: he’s never working in MLB again.
- The details of the Trevor Bauer allegations are not good, graphic in their detail ($).
- Jeff Passan has his preview of the trade deadline out today since it’s already July (!).